IT Administrator – Linux
19 May 2022
Sutor Bank, recently acquired by BCB Group, founded in 1921 and based in Hamburg, is one of the few independent private banks in Germany. With its asset management, it offers uncomplicated access to the capital market, provides individual investment advice and manages numerous foundations. In cooperation with financial service providers, Sutor Bank develops innovative financial products and takes care of technical and administrative portfolio management. On the new startup platform, Sutor Bank currently employs over 100 people.
What will you be doing?
This position will be involved in IT administration, including the installation and technical support of the core banking software and the company’s own website. You will ensure operational stability and support the further development of the IT infrastructure. You will maintain contact with manufacturers and external service providers.
- Linux specific administration (RedHat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu).
- Web servers administration (LAMP, Typo2, WordPress, Tomcat).
- J2EE-based application servers administration (Weblogic, Tomcat, Docker deployments).
Necessary skills and experience
- A computer science degree OR relevant experience (IT administration, support, project work, etc.)
- Several years of professional experience in a variable systems environment (Citrix, Windows, Active Directory, Linux, VMware).
- Good knowledge of PowerShell and basic knowledge of SQL.
- Good attention to detail, ability to work independently and problem solving skills.
- Team work and communication skills.
- Must be able to speak English AND German in a professional capacity.
So, what’s in it for you?
- The chance to operate at the forefront of our industry.
- Is there a good work-life balance? Absolutely, we take this seriously!
- You can talk to anyone in the business as there are no barriers and everyone is accessible.
- We are working towards enhancing our benefits as we are aware this is meaningful to our workforce.
- Initially working remotely, then transitioning into our plush London offices in Paddington.
- We value team success where every individual can grow and prosper.